Fad diets don’t work: Why?
· They are based on severe nutrient restriction, therefore, disturbing the balance of nutrient intake
· They register in your brain as something you want to do temporarily, making it difficult for your body to adjust
· The “weight loss” results from loss of water and lean body mass, which starve and weaken the body
· They rarely focus on fitness and exercise. instead, they emphasize effortlessness and the quickness of results
What to do instead?
· Consult a professional (i.e: nutritionist, dietician physician)
· Ask: Can I do this for the rest of my life? It is imperative that the answer be Yes before you begin a dietary regimen.
· Choose regiments that are packed with a variety of nutrients
· Be patient. The healthiest way of achieving weight loss is meant to be slow and steady.
Photo credit : http://mollygalbraith.com/page/4/http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11895885/?claim=p8ay956p6sj">Followref="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11895885/?claim=p8ay956p6sj">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>