Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Take The Lead


Welcome to another day of the A to Z challenge. [T] is for “Take the Lead” in everything you undertake in your life. You’re more than welcome to use words below as inspiration. Sit back and enjoy the read.



Too short, too tall

Too strong, too weak!

Too this, too that is what they constantly say


I woke up yesterday wondering about who I had become

A far stretch from my childhood self and whom I intended to be

Oh how much more of this should I take?


Too blunt, to reserved

Too diverse, to unique! Oh how weary I’ve grown of this rhetoric

Acculturated soul change your technique, your way of life is all but critiqued


No! No more of this I say! This is who I am. Willing to improve but refuse to be lost

As I take the lead towards the best, I hear the critiques mourn their loss.

Xoxo,

Patience


Photo credit: Crazy-frankenstein.com

2 comments:

  1. This is a very inspiring piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! I'm happy you liked it. I appreciate the compliment :)

    ReplyDelete